Re: MDI and other thoughts

Michael D. Crawford (crawford@goingware.com)
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:37:28 -0700

>David Schmitz wrote:
>>multiple documents are handled by opening up an entirely new window.

Oh please please please leave it this way.

One of my major gripes with many windows programs is that horrible MDI
interface.

So often I just want to move a window to the side of the screen and it slides
under the side of its parent window, thus having its side chopped off.

If you want to spread all your documents out over the screen, you have to
expand your parent window to cover the whole screen, then you can't see the
documents for other programs.

NOT using MDI would be a major competitive advantage to many windows programs
on the PC.

And for sure don't ever do it on any other platform, you'll be burned at the
stake.

Mike

--
Michael D. Crawford
 GoingWare - Expert Software Development and Consulting

Geometric Visions - the Art and Music of Michael David Crawford http://www.geometricvisions.com michael@geometricvisions.com

Tilting at Windmills for a Better Tomorrow