Re: BeOS Version

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:47:29 -0400

On Mon, 31 May 1999, tobe wrote:

> Hi. I'm a spanish developer. I work on BeOS. I can't compile your program
> because makefiles aren't so good. Do you have a compiled version?

Are you working out of the CVS snapshot (ie the zip file ..
try the tar.gz distribution instead since the zip file had
some issues with the CR/LF getting all messed up) or off
of the CVS repository directly. If you grab the latest
from the CVS tree you shouldn't have any problems with
line endings.

The BeOS version ... while getting better all the time, is
not quite at the level of the Unix/Windows releases. I'd
encourage you to try it out. I suspect that a BeOS binary
for x86 and for PPC will be put up sometime in the next
week or so. What platform are you working on?

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf