Re: Help & Manuals

Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 13:31:43 -0500

At 09:15 AM 6/7/99 +0100, Nathan Taylor wrote:
>Has someone offered / been assigned to do the help file &/or manual for
>Abiword yet?
>I am familiar with creating Windows help files (.hlp) and have edited a
>couple of publications, as well as being a keen writer. Although I'm not
>familar with help systems under Linux (except HTML based ones), I use Linux
>and probably could learn that aspect pretty fast.

Nobody has yet volunteered to take a stab at the help files. We will be
doing the hard-copy manual ourselves, but the on-line help is up for grabs.
For an easy start, you might want to take a look at the current help file
in the /abi/user/wp/help/EnUS directory.

Right now all it contains is a TODO. It's an HTML file, so it would be
relatively easy to turn that into something much more useful than it is
now. I would be more than happy to work with you on this in any manner
you feel is appropriate.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist