Re: Help & Manuals

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 21:03:02 -0500

cool. it wasn't really my goal to reinvent that wheel thing...

is the 'topic.dat' used to synthesize a top-level document or
table of contents and then all help browsing descends from there
or is there also the concept of a 'index.html' or 'main.html'
that serves as an intro/greeting into the help pages.

i need for the help to be usable on Win32, BeOS, Solaris, ...
where Gnome isn't present, so i need to make sure that the
layouts scheme can be used in either context....

thanks for the tip,
jeff