Re: Bug in loading files from command line

Ming-I Hsieh (mihs@wm28.csie.ncu.edu.tw)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:31:54 +0800

Decklin Foster wrote:

> I am experiencing a problem with loading files into AbiWord (0.7.1)
> from the shell (bash in my case) when those filenames have spaces.
> An example:
>
> $ abiword "this is a test.abw" # note quotation marks
>
> the given file does exist, and it is quoted to prevent any IFS-munging
> by the shell. However, AbiWord opens 5 new untitled documents (in this
> case; one for each 'word' in the argument. Is this a confirmed bug? If
> so, how can I help fix it? Thanks...

see:
abi/src//wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixApp.cpp about no.480 line.
I will tried to fix it if I have time! :)
I had sent a patch to AbiSource. It should be able to fix the "5 new
untititled documents problem". But it don't fix about "bogus pathnames
problem".