Re: How about the argument ``-nosplash'' in ap_UnixApp.cpp

Jeff Hostetler (jeff@abisource.com)
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:48:11 -0500

yes, we should probably do a parse at the very beginning
and probably set some App member variables or globals or
something and then let the splash code and the later code
which processes everything else to just reference them.

the reason that we have 2 distinct places which look thru
argv is historical. originally, the only thing we did
with the command line was get the (single, optional)
filename -- and we didn't need it until all the class
registration and the initial window and all its widgets
were created -- this could take some time.

if we let the parse code populate a ut_hash or ut_alphahash
of the arguments (and their optional values) of the keywords
and a ut_vector of the filenames to load, then everything
should be fine. these could be stored in XAP_App -- the
absolute base class for the application and then referenced
wherever....

and yes, let getopt do all the parsing dirty work in cross-
platform code....

thoughts ?? opinions ??
jeff