Re: AbiWord and 8bbp

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:08:19 -0500

Rob Thomas wrote:
> Did I forget to mention it's a laptop?

I don't yet know if it's related, but I tried to reproduce this
effect on 8-bit displays yesterday and the only one I could get
to do it was a laptop. :) I think it was a CT655x chipset,
since that's what Toshiba puts in their Tecra line.

I started an 8-bit X server on a Matrox G100, hogged all the
colors possible with Netscape, xearth, xv, and AbiWord
still looked great. I got the exact same funky technicolor
on the Laptop, though... the client area of AbiWord looked
good but the window manager decorations, the root window,
and other applications got flipped.

--
Shaw Terwilliger