Re: AbiSuite spreadsheet

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:49:26 -0500

> What are the plans for the spreadsheet ? I remember seeing AbiCalc
> on some website somewhere (?) how does this fit in with other free
> spreadsheet packages ?

Our stated plan has been that we intend to use the Gnumeric code as
the basis for AbiCalc. In terms of code and architecture, the primary
thing we would do to the Gnumeric code would be to make it
cross-platform. This has been discussed on the mailing list a number
of times, and previous discussions on the topic may have more detail
than I'm giving now. Thus far, we haven't actually done anything
toward that end, so this intention should be regarded as tentative and
sketchy.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com