Re: Crashes due font prob!

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.abisource.com)
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 14:52:42 -0600

On Sun, Mar 07, 1999 at 06:49:02PM -0000, Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:
> **** (1) Assert ****
> **** (1) 0 at xap_UnixFont.cpp:361 ****
> **** (1) Continue ? (y/n) [y] : n
> Aborted

That means it couldn't load a font through the X server, even though
it was referenced in the fonts.dir on the client side.
I'll need more information (like all the debug messages that
scrolled by before the assert fired). Is the fonts.dir
in the same place the font files are? Are you _sure_ X knows
it has those fonts ('xlsfonts |grep abisource')? Does AbiWord
tell you in the debug output from startup that it found 60 fonts?
Did it ever give you any errors or warnings before it didn't
work?

Like I might have said to the list, I added copious message
boxes with much more detailed explainations of common font
problems. These changes aren't in the latest tarball, but
are in CVS. Hopefully we'll have a new release soon so some of
these errors will be more focussed ("it segfaults" only tells
me so much). Detailed logs of the debug messages are good.
core files are better.

--
Shaw Terwilliger