Re: AbiWord on Solaris

Albert Fluegel (albert.fluegel@hl.siemens.de)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 13:44:59 +0100

Hi,

I have one question (once again, always the same, ...)

Where to get the full (not partial), real (really get it),
true (not faked to force M$-competitors to "incompatibility")
valid (not outdated by the latest version, bug-change or patch)
specification of M$-document formats ? AFAIK this is part of
NDAs, ridiculously. If it is that way, how about suggesting
to the DOJ, that M$ have to publish the full, real, true and
valid specifications of all their documents, protocols, APIs
and more interfaces. There is nothing innovative in such
specfications, so there is no intellectual property to
protect here. This would in my opinion make much more sense
than any other punishment as result of the current law-sutie.

Albert Fluegel

--
Albert Flügel, tdsc        Tel.:   +49-89-636-27690
bei: Siemens AG            Fax.:   +49-89-636-28983