Fair warning :-)

Eric W. Sink (eric@postman.abisource.com)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:22:55 -0600

I'm writing to let you know that the abiword-dev mailing list
is about to experience some changes, including an increase
in traffic.

It is our intention to begin using this list as a communication
vehicle for active developers on AbiWord. This was, in fact,
the original intent for the list.

This means that you'll start to see a variety of additional
traffic on this list, including things like "checkin messages"
from developers and more project coordination.

Our goal is to make sure that the development of AbiWord is
a community endeavor, open to everyone who wants to be
a part of the project. Most of the development thus far
has been done by the core team of folks here at AbiSource.
However, participation by a larger community is starting
to increase, and we want to make sure that there are no
barriers to project communication.

Some of you will be more comfortable if you unsubscribe to this
email list and subscribe to abisource-announce. The
abisource-announce list has been in existence for quite some
time, but we have never used it until now. Henceforth, project
announcements of a more substantial nature will be made to
abisource-announce, while the day-to-day communication among
project developers will take place here on abiword-dev.

If you want to subscribe to abisource-announce, send an email
abisource-announce-request@abisource.com

with just the word 'subscribe' in the body.

If you want to unsubscribe to abiword-dev, send an email to
abiword-dev-request@abisource.com

with just the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.

If you have trouble, send an email to
abisource-announce-request@abisource.com
with just the word 'help' in the body.

If you have a LOT of trouble, send email to one of us
here at AbiSource and we'll try to straighten it out
for you.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
eric@abisource.com