Mac Check-in Questions

John Brewer (jbrewer@jera.com)
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 12:58:55 -0800

Okay, I'm about ready to check in what I have for the Mac. At the moment,
it compiles, but doesn't link. Also I'm using a CodeWarrior project
instead of makefiles.

A couple of questions:

1. What should the copyright message say? I don't work for AbiSource, so
it's not a "work-for-hire", and I haven't assigned copyright in any other
way. At the same time, I cribbed heavily off the Win32 sources, so it's
probably a "derivative work". I was thinking of something along the lines of:

* Copyright (C) 1998 AbiSource, Inc.
* Copyright (C) 1999 John Brewer DBA Jera Design

Note that the GPL makes this mostly academic -- I'm just trying to make
sure there are valid copyright notices so AbiSource can take appropriate
action should someone someday try to take the codebase proprietary. (BTW,
you should add a "1999" to all files that AbiSource has modified this year.)

2. Should I check in the CodeWarrior project, and if so where? (Note that
up to this point building a working CodeWarrior project for AbiWord has
probably been my most significant value-add.)

Any thoughts?

John Brewer
Jera Design

Double-click anywhere with JarRunner! http://www.jera.com/jarrunner/