Re: commit -- context menus

michael@surfnetcity.com.au
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 10:15:40 +1100

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 03:48:11PM -0600, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> i just added the first pass at context menus.
> they work on win32 over "text-context".
> stubbed in the code for unix, i'll get it working
> over there in a little while.

Are you talking about a menu with the right mouse button? I'd love to see the
Mac implementation of it ;-)

On a more serious note, having different mouse buttons having different uses
can confuse new users very quickly. A (well designed) toolbar should have the
capabilities that Other Wordprocessors put in the context menus.

I hope you're not just trying to clone the interface to M$ Word...

--
-- Michael Samuel <michael@surfnetcity.com.au>

PS. I hate having to hold the mouse button down to get a context menu. The very existance of a mouse slows down productivity enough as it is.