Re: commit - emacs key bidings

Robert G. Werner (rwerner@lx1.microbsys.com)
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 13:07:01 -0800 (PST)

Jeff, this looks really cool. I'm going to take a look and see if I can't get
some of this to work.
About the things that would be hard to do in AbiWord:
I wouldn't want to try to duplicate VI with AbiWord. They serve two different
purposes and it won't be hard to fire up one or the other if you need to do
something that one is better for.
I like being able to move around in the document using the basic commands I'm
familiar with and doing some basic editing with the vi(or emacs) key combos
would be really slick. But beyond a certain point, I think it would be easy
to start reinventing the wheel. A word processor is a different animal than a
text editor, of course.
Well, just some thoughts and lots of thanks for messing about with these key
combo issues. I'm really excited to see what is happening with Abi-Word.

Robert G. Werner
rwerner@lx1.microbsys.com
Impeach Conggress!!

"To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question ... or is it?"

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999, Jeff Hostetler wrote:

> as i mentioned in my pervious message to the list, i
[snip]