Re: Print Preview

Logan Hall (warrior514@worldnet.att.net)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 20:17:49 -0700

> I'm one of the AbiWord developers who tends to assume that Print Preview is
> an obsolete feature, because very similar functionality is offered via our
> zoomable page layout.

Well printpreview would be basicaly obsolete, but what is on the zoomable page
layout is never quite what shows up in the printout. Margins are diffrent and
text doesn't allways break correctly in the printout compared to what it looks
like in abi.

> Could you help me understand what functionality is offered via Print Preview
> that we don't currently support, so that we can make sure it gets in there
> somehow?

Direct postscript support. I find that the fonts look slightly diffrent in the
postscript of the document than what is shown in abi. Also the page breaking
is rather annoying. Most documents I create with abi are longer printed that
they are in abi so the page count in abi is off. I think this is due to margin
problems. I use gv for print preview so I don't *realy* need print preview in
abi but it would be nice occationaly

--
Logan