Re: Usability test

Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 15:26:01 -0500

At 11:53 AM -0500 11/3/99, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>A problem I had with the previous version I was using, but not with this one,
>is that the PostScript output of tabulated text didn't match the on-screen
>display.
>
>Also, the machine at the office is a Windows box and has a different set of
>fonts than my Linux box here.

When you created the PS output, did you remember to set the
"embed fonts" option in your printer driver, so that the font
information would be included in the PS data? If not, that's going
to cause all sorts of problem with your printout since the font
metrics would be different.

>But I also have a full set of TrueType fonts
>(from when my desktop machine here was running Windows) available both on port
>7100 and through nfs. I'd like to be able to use them in AbiWord. It seems to
>me that fonts in Linux are more complicated than they need to be and not well
>documented; I still have not succeeded in printing TrueType fonts in
>Ghostscript.

The current versions of Ghostscript do not support TrueType
fonts, though future versions are supposed to be able to.

Leonard

You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol Internet: leonardr@lazerware.com
America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65