Abiword and 1bi t display

Ralph Aichinger (ralph@atommuell.oeh.uni-linz.ac.at)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 00:43:59 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I am a user who has tried AbiWord recently, and I have to say, that
I am quite impressed by it's wonderful user interface.

At last, there is a program that does not to emulate Windows or
the look and feel of Windows, but tries to be a truly native Linux
word processor! Thanks a lot for everything you have done so far.

There is one problem though, that makes AbiWord unusable to me --
I found no way to change the colour of the text selection on my
b/w (1bit) display (on a SparcstationSLC). Everything else works, but
I can only guess the selected text, and the text cursor (there is a
text cursor, I suppose) is also invisible (I see a slight flicker at
the cursor's position though).

Of course I know that there are not many 1bit displays out there today,
but if there is an easy fix (or is it simply a mistake by me?) it
would really help me, and it would turn my Sparcstation into the ideal
word processing machine with its large monochrome screen.

/ralph