Re: commit -- auto-save profile by default

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:59:24 -0500

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Paul Rohr wrote:

> AutoSavePrefs now set by default, so that missing profile can be created
> from builtin defaults on shutdown. May fix #587.
>
> M src/af/xap/xp/xap_Prefs.h
>
> Jeff, I noticed your comments in the code about keeping this default off,
> but I don't understand the rationale. (Call me brainwashed, but I think
> autosaving prefs is *exactly* what the Church Secretary wants. Ditto for
> the MRU menu, etc.)
>
> Feel free to come up with a better fix. :-)

My only problem with this is that when I didn't have a
preference dialog and manually changed my configuration
to FiFI from EnUS it would replace it with the default
profile every time it ran.

Other than that ... here here for autosaved defaults!

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf