commit -- App-level Prefs wrappers now XAP

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 16:10:06 -0800

Moved identical Prefs wrapper logic up to single XAP implementation.
Added XAP_App::getPrefsValueBool() wrapper, too.

M src/af/xap/beos/xap_BeOSApp.h
M src/af/xap/mac/xap_MacApp.h
M src/af/xap/unix/xap_UnixApp.h
M src/af/xap/win/xap_Win32App.h
M src/af/xap/xp/xap_App.cpp
M src/af/xap/xp/xap_App.h
M src/af/xap/xp/xap_Prefs.h
M src/hello/ap/win/ap_Win32App.cpp
M src/hello/ap/win/ap_Win32App.h
M src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSApp.cpp
M src/wp/ap/beos/ap_BeOSApp.h
M src/wp/ap/mac/ap_MacApp.cpp
M src/wp/ap/mac/ap_MacApp.h
M src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixApp.cpp
M src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixApp.h
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.cpp
M src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32App.h
M src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Prefs.h

No rocket science here. I just wanted to use a getPrefsValueBool() wrapper
function, and couldn't stomach the idea of touching all those files to allow
four identical implementations three levels deep in the XAP_Prefs class
hierarchy. So I went the other way instead.

I have to admit to leaving getPrefsValueDirectory() implementations down
there, but at least they had some token differences. Even so, I probably
should have done the path-munging work to move them up too -- perhaps using
a trick similar to UT_catPathname().

way out to AP solely due to the lack of a few good platform-specific UT
methods for path-munging. Sounds like a good rainy day project for someone.

Full rebuild, unfortunately.

Paul,
code janitor