Re: latex2e

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:27:51 -0800

At 06:13 PM 11/15/99 +0000, Sergio Brandano wrote:
> ... It would be really useful to have latex2e as possible format in the
>"save as" menu.

Go for it!

We want AbiWord to be as compatible as possible, which is why we tried to
make it easy for folks to add more exporters or importers for additional
file formats. To do so, you'll need:

- a good understanding of the file format in question,
- a copy of the latest AbiWord sources,
- a C/C++ compiler for your platform of choice, and
- enough time to write the code.

Once you've got a copy of the sources, unpack it and take a look at the
following directory:

abi/src/wp/impexp/xp/

As of this writing, we have the following importers and exporters:

- AbiWord (import and export)
- Word 6, 95, 97 (import only, using libwv)
- RTF (import and export)
- plain text (import and export)
- HTML (export only)

If you can't figure out what to do by looking at that code, see if there's a
current explanation here:

abi/docs/

Or, just mail this list with more specific questions.

Paul