Some questions

Tony Merc Mobily (merc@squiz.net)
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 02:40:28 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

Hi,

I have a few questions about Abiword... I would *love* to have them
answered.
Here they are:

1)
Why do you need the fonts to be available *locally*? I understand that
you want to have some extra fonts to be available, but why *only* the
fonts you distribute are available when you use Abiword?
And why don't you use the great GTK font selector?

2)
Why don't you use "ispell" instead of dealing *directly* with the hash
dictionary file...? A friend of mine developed a ispell interface library,
that allows you to "query" ispell about words, "running" it. Would you be
interested in it? You could also allow the user to create its own
dictionary, and query is using the -p option of ispell...
I am asking for two reasons: 1) I use a ispell-compatible alternative,
that is A LOT better than ispell 2) I really, really don't think that
interfacing directly with a dicionary file is a good idea...

3)
(ok, ok, this is a feature request :-) ) It would be nice, if Abiword
"remembered" where its window what placed when you close it (at least, the
first one). Right now, every time I open Abiword, the bottom of the Window
is placed BELOW the bottom of the screen... I know I can use the geometry
options of X, but a low user...

THanks a lot!

Merc.

Tony Merc Mobily, technical editor of "Dev." and "Login"
Director of Onda Training & Consulting pty ltd
Technical Writer
Personal Phone Number: ++61-8-93355105, +8 GMT, +7 from Italy!
Currently located in: Perth, AUSTRALIA
merc@cybersydney.com.au - mobily@infomedia.it