Re: some graphic support, extra subdir, extra files, loads of

Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:51:15 -0600 (CST)

> Things get slightly messy here. My own internal magick clone will
> need libjpeg to function correctly. libjpeg is prety much a standard
> nowadays, but it may cause grief. So unfortuntately the dependancy
> tree is beginning to grow.

I'm not sure how this will work out cross-platform, but these are
libraries we will want for graphics importers, anyway-- unless the plan is
to strip out only relevant code for the graphics import.

> Also it would be nice to convert wmfs (which are vector) into a useful
> exiting vector format,I was thinking of using the plotutils to convert
> them into other formats, I believe that plotutils has support for outputting
> a variety of vector formats including the new w3c sponsered vector
> format, but I am undecided as yet how to handle wmf from inside wv.
> Has abi any plans for supporting a particular vector format ?

I believe AbiWord will use SVG (the w3c format). It's a nice, XML-based
format and should become more widely used. I'm not sure how good it is for
conversion purposes, however (ie. whether there are many utilities to go
from this to other formats).

Justin