Segfault on selecting mispelled text

Rhys Dyfrgi (rhys@transform.to)
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 00:36:50 -0500 (EST)

I was editing an unfortunately unsaved file just now, when abiword segfaulted.
At the moment, I was selected some text, which included a mispelled word (I was
in the middle of the word when it crashed). The file was under half a page
long and the text was at the very end of it.

I found this in my .xsession-errors:
/usr/bin/abiword: line 40: 750 Segmentation fault $DYNAMIC_BIN $1 $2 $3 $
4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9

I have not yet attempted to duplicate this bug.

I am using linux kernel 2.2.12 with libc6 2.1.2-1 and libc5 5.4.46-3. AbiWord
0.7.4-1 (0.7.4 in about). Debian (potato). XF86 3.3.5 for ATI Mach64. I used
the debian package.

I can't think of any other info you might need, but if you do, gimme a
holler.

---
Rhys Dyfrgi <rhys@transform.to>
http://transform.to/~rhys/
"I must be willing to give up what I am to become what I will be."
      -- Attributed to Albert Einstein