full justification

Simon (gascoigne@xtra.co.nz)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 18:58:03 +1300 (NZDT)

As a regular word processor user I was wondering if AbiWord is
capable of full justification of text - ie the ability to have
text lined up straight on both the left and right hand sides of
the page. I always use full justification in any documents to
create the "block" format of letters instead of a ragged edge on
the right hand side. This makes documents look much tidier and
professional. I find full justification necessary in formal
writing eg for business too.

I think AbiWord is an excellent program (especially seeing it
is able to read Word documents!) I have been hunting for a linux
word processor that can do this and fully justify text too.
StarOffice can do this but is a wopping 65meg download - and I
don't want a whole office suite anyway! WordPerfect is smaller
but I would rather support AbiSource!

I really encourage you to look at implementing full
justification in AbiWord. A big thank you to all the developers
who have got AbiWord this far - please don't stop development
owing to the competition.

Cheers

Si