Re: edit | options ...

Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:07:11 -0400

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Stephen Hack wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 1999 at 05:27:23PM -0700, Paul Rohr wrote:
> > At 06:18 PM 10/12/99 -0500, Stephen Hack wrote:
> > >Is anybody adding options dialog?
> >
> > Not yet, but it's pretty high on our list, though.
>
> Ok, currently working on it.
>
> > >I have most of the dialog and spelling
> > >window coded.
> >
> > Great! Do you have a screen shot of what you've done so far?
> >

> http://argus.itg.uiuc.edu/~shack/abisource/options.gif for a current picture

Looks good as a start ... and a start is often all that is
needed around here to get something greater going.

If I can I would like to suggest that the next POW involve
the options dialog ... ie going through and gathering up
all the things that can be configured, listing them,
categorizing them and then stubbing them into a dialog
(even if the dialog does nothing but control one set
of the options (ie the spelling options)). This would
be a big step, and would also provide us with 1) a place
to add options to as they get created 2) a reminder that
control of a given option is not yet in place and 3)
an easier mechanism for testing the interoperation of
various options.

Looks good.

Thomas

Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf