commit -- Win32 spell dialog works

Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:58:53 -0700

Hooked up Win32 UI to XP Spell logic, with only a little refactoring. Added
the "spell done" message.

M abi/src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Spell.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Spell.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Spell.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/win/ap_Win32Dialog_Spell.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Spell.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Spell.h
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
M abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h

Justin's XP work was very easy to use, and the resulting platform code
turned out pretty clean.

The only Win32-specific change worthy of note is that unlike the GTK
implementation, I had to stay inside the event loop for the entire lifetime
of the dialog. Thus, I handle the looping internally via a protected
_tryAgain() method. If there's interest in moving this out to XP code, a
little refactoring will be needed, but not much.

Overall, it works quite well. As far as I can tell, it's comparable to what
Justin's seeing on GTK:

- all the buttons except Add are now implemented,
- the squiggles go away for all cases except Ignore, and
- those view glitches when the dialog goes down are definitely annoying.

In addition, there may still be a few minor oddities with a few of the
Win32-specific widget behaviors, but I haven't run across anything horrific.
Most stuff (like double-clicking suggestions) Just Works.

Please start banging away on it so we can sand off any remaining rough edges
you may find.

Enjoy!

Paul