Automake and fixed-size integer (off topic)

Pierre Abbat (phma@oltronics.net)
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 21:02:11 -0400

If any of you know where I should ask this, please tell me.

I'm writing a C program that should work on a variety of processors, and it
needs to know whether the processor is big- or little-endian. I know this is
done in configure, but I have no idea how to write a configure script. How do I
do it?

It also has to have structure members that are always 2 bytes, regardless of
the processor. Someone told me __int16, but neither gcc nor egcs knows what
that is. How do I do it?

phma