Re: Debs

Shaw Terwilliger (sterwill@postman.sourcegear.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 14:59:57 -0500

David G. Watson wrote:
> If you have Debian packages, why don't you get them into the main Slink and
> Potato dists? There is an abiword package, but it's usually a version or two
> behind - and if you already have the debs, why not just get the main
> distribution updated?

Well, we can't add AbiSuite to Slink--it was already released sometime
in March. Also, we have dependencies that Slink can't directly provide
(GTK 1.2, etc.).

Potato, however, is a different story. I've worked with Darren Benham
to sort out the packaging details, but I just haven't had time to
do the official maintainer things to get it added.

--
Shaw Terwilliger