uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements

Subject: uPOW 2001.17 - Where to send AbiWord announcements
From: Jesper Skov (jskov@zoftcorp.adsl.dk)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 05:46:43 CDT

[For information about User Project Of the Week, please see
http://www.abisource.com/pow.phtml]

Hi there,

I can't help feeling that we're selling ourselves too cheaply when
announcing stuff. In other words, I feel that we don't reach enough
potentially interested people with our release announcements (and soon
to be resumed, the weekly news).

For that reason, I'd like someone to volunteer coordinating the
creation of a list of email addresses of magazines (and similar) which
should be notified on release / weekly news announcements.

Presenly I can think of:

 Release Announcements:
   editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
   ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary
   ??????????????: GNOME Gnotices
   ??????????????: freshmeat.net

 Weekly News Announcements:
   editor@lwn.net: Linux Weekly News
   ??????????????: GNOME Weekly Summary

But I'm sure there's bound to be plenty of other news outlets that
could be interested in carrying our announcements. Also Windows, Mac,
QNX and BeOS sites!

Please help compile a good long list - and please make sure the editor
receiving the announcements will actually be interested (no, I have
not checked if editor@lwn.net would want our announcements - that's
part of the uPOW :)

Cheers,
Jesper