the SIL SDF format

Subject: the SIL SDF format
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 06:03:27 CDT

The SIL engine is used in some of their proprietary software but it is
not publicised by SIL in any way (I came
accross it quite accidentally. To get the specifications downlonad
the SDF editor (SDFE) from my RTL website
at www.frydrych.freeserve.co.uk/rtl/index.html. The specification of
the format is found in the help file. You should get a pretty good
idea of what it can and cannot do by playing with the editor.
Unfortunately this is Win programme/help, should you have
problems using it, let me know, I will see if I could get the help into
some more friendly format. (the editor may run under Wine on
Linux, but I have not tried it yet.)

As far as the code is concerned, I have contacted SIL to see
whether they could make it Open Source.

with regards

Tomas