Re: Gnomification of Options dialog

Subject: Re: Gnomification of Options dialog
From: John Tunison (nosinut@WIND.REM.CMU.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 12:40:32 CDT

> It's also not quite right. When the dialog is closed (via cancel) in the
> gnome version, I get:
>
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 4873 (gtk_widget_unref): assertion
> `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed.

The five-line fix to this is to add gtk_widget_ref(buttonName)'s circa
line 171 in ap_UnixGnomeDialog_Options.cpp. But could someone explain why
they need to be explicitly ref'd?

Also, what can I do to make the Gnome fe a first-class citizen? I'd like
to see RPMs of the Gnome build as well as the GTK build, for instance. If
I start cleaning out all the warnings that happen when I make
ABI_OPT_GNOME=1 will this magically happen? :)

Thanks,
John