Re: focus tricks.

Subject: Re: focus tricks.
From: Robert Sievers (bob@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 22:28:27 CDT

At 03:10 PM 4/3/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>Hi Paul,
> I've been thinking through your objection to my suggestion for
>using focus change events to track the most recently focussed document
>view. I'm very new to GUI based development but I don't see why my
>suggestion wouldn't work, for modeless dialogs, at least on the GTK
>version.

I can't speak to any of the coding aspects of this question, but since
nobody had answered, I wanted to drop off my $.02.

1. Keeping track of the last view to have focus works the way you would
expect, and would of course be easily done across OS.

2. Does your method of implementing modeless dialogs reliable handle the
attempt to create multiple instances of the same dialog from different
views in an xp way?

3. Will your idea not create tasks in the Windows task manager or other
such OS oddities?

If so, I would say submit the patch, and see what people have to say.

Robert Sievers
Open Source Evangelist