Re: focus tricks.

Subject: Re: focus tricks.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 23:38:36 CDT

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:

> 1. Keeping track of the last view to have focus works the way you would
> expect, and would of course be easily done across OS.

Great!

> 2. Does your method of implementing modeless dialogs reliable handle the
> attempt to create multiple instances of the same dialog from different
> views in an xp way?

Havoc explains how to do this in his book about gtk. I have no experience
with windows though. It appears that windows has sufficient versitility
for do this. Witness the many modeless dialog in Windows programs as an
existance proof

> 3. Will your idea not create tasks in the Windows task manager or other
> such OS oddities?

I have no idea! Word for windows is an existance proof that modeless
dialogs can be done in Windows.

> If so, I would say submit the patch, and see what people have to say.

Fair enough. After "Insert Symbol" is safely in the source tree I will
attempt to make it modeless.

Cheers

Martin

PS. The patch for "Insert Symbol" I submitted yesterday has two extraneous
files "colorenv" and "local_install" included by accident in the toplevel
directory. Please delete them after applying the patch.