Re: CVS access

Subject: Re: CVS access
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 21:21:04 CDT

On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:

> As an initial step toward implementing the Bi-Directional support, I
> would like to add the FriBiDi sources to the official tree. Can I do
> that via the anonymous CVS access, or if not, what do I need to do
> to get a different type of access?

Generally one sends a patch against the current source tree to
patches@abisource.com AND to abiword-dev@abisource.com

I've found the best way to generate patches is to use the command

diff -Naur --exclude="CVS" --exclude="Linux*" abi new-abi > my_new_feature.patch

where "abi" is the current abi source tree and "new_abi" is your new
source tree with your new feature added.

This technique always works but wastes disk space. I believe there is
magic cvs command sequence that correctly does the diff against the
current tree but I have yet to discover it. "cvs -diff" does not include
new files in the diff it produces.

After sending the email an abi developer with CVS access reviews your code
and decides if it can be committed to CVS or if the patch needs further
work etc.

Cheers

Martin