Re: libpng bug fixed - yipee

Subject: Re: libpng bug fixed - yipee
From: Kevin Vajk (kvajk@ricochet.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 12:43:17 CDT

Judging from comments on the abiword-user list, I would say
that the bug you just fixed is the single biggest current
abiword problem.

Now, just a quick comment (ignore me if I'm on crack here):

Would your fix still work if you reversed the order, so that
you set the pointer *before* the call to png_set_read_fn()?
Like this:
    png_ptr->io_ptr = &myBB; // Sam is a God
    png_set_read_fn(png_ptr, (void *)&myBB, _png_read);

It's just that I'd hate to mangle png_ptr if libpng makes
some internal change to png_set_read_fn() in the future,
which our hack might step on. Does this make sense?

Again, ignore me if I don't know what I'm talking about. :)

- Kevin Vajk
  <kvajk@ricochet.net>