Re: probable compile problem on gnome build

Subject: Re: probable compile problem on gnome build
From: Rui Silva - Webmaster (rms@ssi.aaum.pt)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 18:07:25 CDT

Hi...

 I don't think so. The only things that have changed since the last time I compiled abiword with GNOME=on, were gtk+, glib, gnome-libs and cvs update. I did not touch the X libs.

I am building both static and dynamic, and use dynamic. So the problem *could* be a problem with the static build (since it builds first, I don't get the dynamic, so maybe disabling it might help *me* but not those who could have a proble with tha static build).

hugs, rms

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 09:47:41PM +0000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> You appear to have your X libraries and/or gnome installed incorrectly.
> Since the dynamic build appears to build fine (which is the one you'll
> want to use), don't worry about it.
>
> Why does abibuild compile static versions by default? I don't think it
> would be useful to many people and it can be confusing and annoying in
> some situations.

+ So let's do it...?