Re: default font size

Subject: Re: default font size
From: Alan De Smet (chaos@highprogrammer.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 17:47:33 CDT

> Currently, our default font size is 10pt. I, personally, never write
> anything at that size. Here the expectation is for 12pt font, and it has
> been everywhere I have used a computer. I, personally, think we should
> default to 12pt like everyone else. Any other opinions?

For the "factory setting" default, I'd mirror MSWord (10pt
Times). However, from the many replies, it's clear that people
have different opinions. It really should be user definable.

A user would define it in MSWord by changing his
Templates/Normal.dot. Given that AbiWord doesn't really have a
template equivalent (I think...), stuffing it in the options menu
would do the job.

Of course, I'm lazy and think 10pt Times is just fine... :-)

--
Alan De Smet  -  chaos@highprogrammer.com  -  http://highprogrammer.com/alan