Re: Version 0.9.0

Subject: Re: Version 0.9.0
From: Justin Bradford (justin@ukans.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 17:30:14 CDT

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> I believe the new field code enables this. So to some extent the lists
> feature and the new fields are intertwined. I am not the right
> person to work on the new fields code but once it is in place I think I
> can use it properly implement lists. I hope to have an updated lists patch
> that applies against the current tree within a couple of days.

I hate that I'm blocking development of field-dependent features, but
unfortunately, it will be at least a month before I can wrap up enough of
my current projects to spend significant amounts of time on Abiword.

I'll see if I can break down some of the changes into smaller bits that I
can write and land incrementally. I should have done the same with the
vector image support. My current implementation needs some significant
changes still, and it's quickly becoming incompatible with the current
tree. At least the rewrite will be easier.

Justin