bi-directional support

Subject: bi-directional support
From: Tomas Frydrych (tomas@frydrych.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 14:29:37 CDT

I have done some more work on the bidi, including proper handling
of tabs, a small flag on the caret indicating current direction of
writing and a split caret on boundaries between different directions
of text. I did not want to post a large patch to the whole mailing list,
but if anyone is interested, please let me know.

I will soon start working on rendering. (I thought I will implement it
using an abstract class representing a generic rendering engine so
that it would be easy to plug in later any engine that one may want
to use.)

Tomas