Re: The State of Tinderbox

Subject: Re: The State of Tinderbox
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 18:36:11 CDT

sam th> 2) BeOS a) PC-BeOS This is failing in Bill Carpenter's
sam th> debugFlash code, since it is not finding usleep(). usleep()
sam th> is in POSIX [1] and so should be in Be. If someone know a
sam th> better place to find it that in <unistd.h>, please speak up.

tb> I need to/started to/will implement a platform specific fix for
tb> almost the same problem to fix the Windows build (there is no
tb> unistd.h on Windows, nor is there a usleep function). Once I've
tb> committed this hopefully somebody can throw together the Be
tb> specific portion of it.

Yikes. I was afraid that might happen. Since the usleep() is just
inside the demo for debugFlash, it shouldn't be holding up real stuff
(unless someone sees another point to having a usleep() available). I
suggest just changing it to a sleep(1) or taking the usleep() out
altogether.

I would just do what I suggested, but I am without a working
development environment for a couple of days while I take my entire
lifestyle from one laptop to another.