Re: autoconf at last

Subject: Re: autoconf at last
From: Aaron Lehmann (aaronl@vitelus.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 19:43:50 CDT

This looks like a great start! I think the GNUmakefile idea was
good. And it seems to work well on my Debain system. It might be a bit
harder to get it working on BSD or Windows.

BTW, I like the way it displays compiler options. That was something I
didn't like the lack of on the old build system.

I would vote for this going into the tree some once it is a bit more
complete (optionally building a gnome version when using
--enable-gnome with configure, more widely tested, etc). People have
said to come up with code if they wanted autoconf and Goran has made
a great start with that. I hope gettext is next! :)

Aaron Lehmann