Re: autoconf at last

Subject: Re: autoconf at last
From: Goran Thyni (goran@kirra.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 06:16:32 CDT

On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 05:43:50PM -0700, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
> I would vote for this going into the tree some once it is a bit more
> complete (optionally building a gnome version when using
> --enable-gnome with configure, more widely tested, etc). People have
> said to come up with code if they wanted autoconf and Goran has made
> a great start with that. I hope gettext is next! :)

It will not be tested unless it is in CVS.
My suggestion is:
add a README.autoconf and say that
"it is developers only for now"
and commit it as is unless someone
think it has serious design flaws.

I will test it on Solaris,
hope other will test it on FreeBSD,
CygWin etc.

plans:
* --with-gnome or --enable-gnome
* --with-gnome-xml or --enable-gnome-xml
* try out gettext support

regards,
Göran