RE: Commit - List dialog for WIN32

Subject: RE: Commit - List dialog for WIN32
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 02:22:52 CDT

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Bruce Pearson wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I will have a go at working out a better implementation of the List dialog
> once I understand what is needed.
>
> The new class fp_FieldListLabelRun was implemented so that the default
> implementation of the fields can be changed. The first thing this will
> enable us to do is fix up the bullet by drawing a circle to the screen
> instead of rendering the bullet character in a font. This will enable us to
> also have different types of bullets like arrow, ticks, crosses, etc.

I thought about doing something like this at one stage but I thought this
would make it difficult for other word processors to import files with
Lists (like MS Word). Arrows, Ticks, crosses etc can be obtained from the
Dingbats fontset. We can specify a different font for different symbols
easily using a new field style. Although I originally thought the current
solution would be stop gap until we can display a unicode bullet, it does
have these interopability issues in its favour. Of course we cannot export
any field to rtf right now. I hope this will be fixed in the new Fields
implementation Paul's working on.

Cheers

Martin