Re: [AbiWord] Translation Strings

Subject: Re: [AbiWord] Translation Strings
From: Tim Allen (rita_tim@tpg.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 06:54:26 CDT

On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, sam th wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > [AbiWord] Translation Strings
> >
> > i am looking for the English (/American) strings file from Abiword.
> > Where might i find them? (feel free to mail them to me instead).
> >
> > i considered using the strings files that come with AbiWord, but
> > translating from another language than English is more difficult.
> > If i have time, and there are not too many unusual words i want to
> > translate AbiWord into Irish (ga-IE)
>
> The en-US strings are in abi/src/wp/ap/xp/ap_String_Id.h
>
> Hope that helps

The strings are there, but in a different order and slightly different
format to what you want, so you'll probably find it easier to work with if
you make a debug build of Abiword and then run it with the
-dumpstrings
command line argument (or --dumpstrings, depending on platform).
This produces a file of en_US strings in the same format as all the other
languages.

Tim

Tim Allen             http://www4.tpg.com.au/users/rita_tim/
tim@proximity.com.au  rita_tim@tpg.com.au