Re: autoconf at last

Subject: Re: autoconf at last
From: Joaquin Cuenca (e98cuenc@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 05:08:06 CDT

--- sam th <sam@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 01:16:32PM +0200, Goran
> Thyni wrote:
> > > plans:
> > > * --with-gnome or --enable-gnome
> > > * --with-gnome-xml or --enable-gnome-xml
> > > * try out gettext support
> >
> > May I suggest:
> > --enable-debug
>
> Once the autoconf system has support for these sorts
> of things, and we
> figure out what platforms it will work on, then it
> will get my vote for
> being committed.

<five minutes break>
Sam, why don't commit the patch right now?
To me it is (has to be) the most inoffensive patch
that we can have.
It don't touch any dialog, it can not screw any
platform (even the linux one), and (with a bit of
luck) it even can work! :)

Seriously, it's a pain in the neck to develop a patch
out of the tree. If there are some serious objections
to apply the patch (like: "This patch screw the BeOS
build", etc...) it's ok to leave the patch out of cvs,
but if the patch doesn't mess anything, it must be
commited (it will only facility Goran's work).
</five minutes break>

Cheers,

=====
Joaquin Cuenca Abela