Re: WMF importing

Subject: Re: WMF importing
From: Leonard Rosenthol (leonardr@lazerware.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 09:59:25 CDT

At 3:24 AM -0700 8/4/00, Johan Stenfors wrote:
>It would not hurt to be able to import wmf into abiword, since there
>are a lot of clipart available in that format, and also it would
>make importing ms-word documents more compatible.

        It's on the list of things, though it hasn't been very high
up there since we really need to do more on the SVG side before we
even worry about tackling the conversion issues.

>This does not seam to be very hard to implement. I dont have time
>for this, so I want to pass the tips that there is sourcecode
>available for a wmf2svg converter. You can find links at:
>
>http://www.blackdirt.com/graphics/svg/

        The only problem with the BlackDirt product is that it's in
Java - otherwise it's pretty nice ;). We'd be better off working
from Caolan's WMF library (ie. the same guy who did the original work
on wv, our Word importer).

LDR

                   You've got a SmartFriend in Pennsylvania
Leonard Rosenthol      			Internet:       leonardr@lazerware.com
					America Online: MACgician
Web Site: <http://www.lazerware.com/>
FTP Site: <ftp://ftp.lazerware.com/>
PGP Fingerprint: C76E 0497 C459 182D 0C6B  AB6B CA10 B4DF 8067 5E65