Re: [win32] Build Issues: missing files

Subject: Re: [win32] Build Issues: missing files
From: Thomas Briggs (tom@sane.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2000 - 13:38:07 CDT

> My problem was due to the different ways Unix and Windows save end of
lines
> to files. I deducted that the make program used by Cygwin expect
'Makefile'
> to be in Unix file format. I used an editor that gives the possibility to
> save in Unix format and the problem went away. Since i would have to do
the
> same on every 'Makefile', i downloaded the 'lf' version of the sources
> instead of the 'crlf' version, i do not have problems anymore. Thoses
> sources are available in
> http://download.abisource.com/releases/0.7.10/src/lf/

   An easier solution to this problem may be to verify that your cygnus
directories are mounted in text mode and not binary mode (I think that's the
way they're supposed to go). If you search through the archives from about
two or three months ago you'll find a message from (I think it was) Jeremy
Sheeley describing how to build AbiWord under CygWin that includes
instructions for remounting your directories in the proper mode.
   I had a number of problems that were solved by Jeremy's email, so
hopefully it'll solve some of yours as well.

   -Tom