RE: Some random thoughts on usability(OT)

Subject: RE: Some random thoughts on usability(OT)
From: Jon Niehof (jnieho38@calvin.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 08:28:06 CDT

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Guy wrote:

> i had a problem with the abiword that i use for some time now. i went
> to the abisuite home page and sent a mail regarding hte problem to the
> e-mail i found there. a rapid reply said to join this mailing list and
> ask the questions here.
I'm presuming that you encountered a bug of some sort and yes, this would
be the appropriate place to send a bug report.

> so i did. but now. more then a week after. i didn't get any question.
Perhaps people are working on the issue you reported. Or perhaps the
message never went through--I can't find it in the archive.

> now, what kind of support list is this ?
It isn't. It's a development list, for people who are either actively
working on AbiWord or who wish to help test, report bugs, etc.

> you know i hate to do it but i can use more then 'alot' of other word
> proccesors that there are in the www.
? I'm not sure how many others there *are* out there. Abi's the best free
WP I've found out there (in either sense of free).

> so, please if there is a list for 'how to use' the abi word and not
> 'how to program'
Don't think there is yet.

> it i will be happy if you reffer me to it. if there is none. so i get
> that you don't need any more users, and i will quietly leave.
AbiWord is still in beta. I'm sure most people here would be thrilled to
have anyone helping to make it a better product for 1.0, but there's
it's not expected to work perfectly right now. People are focussing on
getting the code right rather than writing user manuals (although the help
system is coming along great...)

If you'd care to resubmit your issue, I'm sure people would be happy to try
and help.

--Jon, N9RUJ jnieho38@calvin.edu www.calvin.edu/~jnieho38

Until long after it matters
You don't know if you're good enough