Patch 787 to the setup program for Windows

Subject: Patch 787 to the setup program for Windows
From: Saint-Denis (stdenisg@cedep.net)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:18:29 CDT

This is my first contribution. The bug number 787 deals with "Installer does not install to any drive other than C:"

The attached file is the patch. There was three part to this bug, they are:

-The setup program now installs to root directory or any other directory of an available disk.

-The built-in directory select box now prevent the selection of fake directory like the Control Panel.

-As for making a new directory in the built-in directory select box, I found out that the BIF_EDITBOX flag of the BROWSEINFO structure can be set in for that purpose. But the edit box is available only on systems with the shell32.dll of version 4.71 or greater. Systems with that shell version have the Microsoft "integrated shell". This shell has been introduced as an option in the Internet Explorer version 4. Some Windows95 or WindowsNT version 4 systems could have them. All Windows98 and Windows2000 have it. After trying to install Internet Explorer many times on my Windows95 machine and since not every user would have the feature, I gave up on it. If ever someone want to give it a try, information is available at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Structures/BROWSEINFO.htm and http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Versions.htm

I also worked on bug 710 titled "Installer requires license acceptance, contrary to GPL terms". This bug is for the lawyers at heart. Do anyone have more appropriate text to suggest before I make a patch of it?

My suggestions on this bug are:
- Change the title of the pane used to display the COPYING file from "You must accept this license in order to install the software." to "GNU General Public License."

- Change the text "Do you accept the terms of this license?" to "Theses are the terms of the license".

- Change the Yes and No buttons to become Next and Cancel.

Thoses two bugs and some others modifications I made affect the same file. Would it be better for the person who integrate into cvs to have all the changes at once? If you prefer, I could prepare a patch with all the content.

The others modifications I prepared all touch sources of the setup program. The modifications are:
-remove warning in different files,
-display a message if the user select an installation disk which is not present. This could happen with a Zip drive
-show an available disk space of zero bytes if the drive is not a available
-adjust the file counting to leave out of the total a file which is not copied
-permit the user to quit the installation when an error occur during the files copying phase and inform him that the installation is not complete.