Re: BeOS patches.

Subject: Re: BeOS patches.
From: Christopher Plymire (chrisjp@eudoramail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 15:10:51 CDT

At 05:46 PM 8/14/00 +1000, you wrote:

Greetings,

>HI Be Developers,
> You guys have recently submitted a number of cool looking
>patches that would be good to get into the tree. However we currently lack
>developers with commit priviliges to test out BeOS code. I feel wary of
>commiting code that I can't even compile let alone see if there are bugs
>associated with it.

Well, I am a BeOS developer with commit privilages, so this sounds like
something I could handle.

Last week my email server was down, but now I'm back.

Notes I made about the patches submitted recently:

* The focus / selection bug fix *

This patch only fixes part of the problem, when AbiWord is initially
launched the window activated message is sent before the current document
view is set. Since the only place we currently set the focus view is in
WindowActivated, this will only work if the user clicks in the background,
then again in the AbiWord window / document. I will see if I can
incorporate this code into a patch that fixes the other problem as well.

* The Status Bar *

This patch works well, but please make sure you are applying the "cvs diff"
tool against the latest file version in CVS. The BeOS status bar files
(something like ap_BeOSStatusBar.cpp) was at version 1.4 but you applied
against 1.1. I managed to get the patch to compile and it looks great. I
will commit it tonight.

Thanks,
Christopher